Deb recently guested at My Faith Radio with host Susie Larson. If you missed the broadcast, you can listen to the podcast here: MyFaithRadio
Divided loyalties, inside jokes, new traditions… entering marriage can bring a host of emotions and tensions between a spouse and his or her new family. Fortunately, it is possible to enjoy the process. Listen as Deb DeArmond returns to talk about how to establish healthy in-law relationships.
Susie and Deb explore:
• Common stereotypes of difficult mothers-in-law (Marie Barone of Everybody Loves Raymond,for example).
• How mothers can train and raise their children, specifically their sons, to leave.
• How a daughter-in-law can “turn the mirror” back toward herself and look at her own heart and posture first.
• How to respond prayerfully to a distant or hostile in-law.
• The right way for a man to honor his mother while cleaving to his wife.